10 Things You Need to Know About Matthias Schoenaerts
Who is Matthias Schoenaerts? The actor is Hollywood hot property and has 4 films out this year, his latest big screen outing is A Little Chaos, starring Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman. But who is the Belgian born actor and where has he come from?
1. Matthias was born in Antwerp, Belgium.
2. He made his acting debut at age 15 alongside his father (actor Julien Schoenaerts) in the Oscar nominated Belgian film Daens (1992).
3. He was chosen as the face of Louis Vuitton Menswear Spring/Summer 2014.
4. Matthias is bilingual and can speak Dutch, French and English.
5. He was the first cover star of the French Elle Man.
6. Matthias has starred alongside some of Hollywood’s most desirable leading ladies – Marion Cotillard (Rust and Bone), Michelle Williams (Suite Française), Carey Mulligan (Far From the Madding Crowd), Tilda Swinton (A Bigger Splash) and Kate Winslet (A Little Chaos).
8. He is currently filming the hotly anticipated The Danish Girl alongside Academy Award winning actor Eddie Redmayne and director Tom Hooper.
9. Not just a star on the big screen, HBO have just greenlit Lewis and Clark a story of two American explorers who lead a voyage up the Missouri River, he will take a title role alongside Casey Affleck.
10. Matthias is staring in several costume dramas this year, his next, A Little Chaos sees him star alongside Kate Winslet and Alan Rickman. Matthias has said he was “…honored to be offered a part in a film exploring emotions with sincerity.”
A Little Chaos is out in UK cinemas April 17th.